Fund Raising Charity Event proudly supporting The Smith Family:
Elgas Kids Art Prize is a non-acquisitive art prize open to children aged 6 – 17 years old. All prizes are sponsored by Elgas Ltd, organised and supported by Thienny Lee Gallery. Finalists are encouraged to make their artworks available for sale to support The Smith Family (50% of the total sales will be donated to The Smith Family, while the young artists retain the remaining 50%).
The Prizes ($1,500 Prize Pool Sponsored by Elgas Limited):
- Winner: $250 e-Gift Voucher (4 prizes for 4 different age groups)
- Commendable: $100 e-Gift Voucher (4 prizes for 4 different age groups)
- People Choice Awards: $100 e-Gift Voucher
Judges for 2018:
Paul Delprat (Multi Award Winning Artist and Principal of the Julian Ashton Art School) will be co-judging with Acclaimed Artist, Howard Tweedie.
Opening and Announcement of Winners by Paul Delprat on Saturday 3 Nov 3-5pm.
- Online Entry Open:
- Entries Close:
- Finalists Listed on Website:
- Art Works Drop off:
- Opening and Prize Ceremony:
- Exhibition Dates:
- Announcement of “People Choice Awards” on our website:
- Collection of Artworks:
21 October 2018 Midnight
24 October 2018
25, 26, 27 & 30 October 2018 (11am to 3pm)
3 November 2018 (3pm to 5pm, opening speech by Paul Delprat)
3 to 17 November 2018
20 & 21 November 2018 (11am to 3pm)
Terms & Conditions of Entry:
- Open to all permanent Australian residents aged 6 – 17 years old
- A limit of two entries per artist.
- Applicants must complete the online entry form. This will be confirmed via email to applicants’ email address.
- Entry Fee: AUD$15 fee is payable on submission. Online payment must be received for entry to be valid.
- Photo of artwork upon submission is compulsory through the online form (details in the online form).
- A separate entry form and fee is required for each submission.
- Submissions must be original work in any two-dimensional medium including printmaking, collage and photography. Excludes sculpture and digitally produced works.
- The artwork must be no larger than 90 x 90 cm including the frame and must not weigh more than 5 kg.
- Deadline for submission (all prizes) is midnight Sunday 21 October 2018.
- Selected finalist artworks must remain on show for the duration of the exhibition.
- Finalists are encouraged to make their artworks available for sale to support The Smith Family (50% of the total sales will be donated to The Smith Family, while the young artists retain the remaining 50%).
- Each artwork should have an information label attached to the back of the work with the artists name, parent’s phone number and title of work.
- Artwork must be ready to be hung (mounted and/or framed), have D-Ring devices and wire attached at the back of the work and must not exceed weight restriction of 5 kg.
- A family member or friend is permitted to deliver the work on the artist’s behalf on the aforementioned. If any art work requires couriered to the Gallery, please contact the Gallery directly.
- A family member or friend is permitted to collect the work on the artist’s behalf on the aforementioned.
- Thienny Lee Gallery will exercise all reasonable care with the works submitted but will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage while in its custody or in transit. Insurance is the responsibility of the artists.
Thienny Lee Gallery reserves the right to photograph artworks selected in the exhibition for the purposes of documentation, publicity and promotion of the exhibition. This is inclusive of print media, the exhibition floor sheet, Thienny Lee Gallery website, social media etc. The Gallery will endeavor to maintain the integrity of the work and will credit the artist when possible.
SUBMISSIONS to the art prize can be made by completing the form below
Sorry entry is now closed, try again next year!
Payments are processed securely though PayPal